Friday, March 23, 2007

Vick's Tasting Room

Atlanta Falcons star quarterback Michael Vick opened a new winery restaurant called The Tasting Room in East Point, Georgia last week. The trendy eatery/wine bar has been in development for the past six months by a an investment group where Vick is the majority shareholder with two other business partners. Additionally, Vick has convinced his mother to give her lasagna recipe to the head chef and it is now on the menu.

"I'm going to bring the whole team in," Vick said. "We'll come by after a big game - win, lose or draw - and have a nice meal, taste some wine and have a good time." Vick also said he's not going to be an absentee owner. "I've got to come by the restaurant and check things out," he said. "I've got to make time. This is a part of my life now, and it's an obligation to me."

I'm not sure if Vick is a guy that would come to mind when thinking about wine but this is good use of his current popularity especially since he plays in a sport where the average career is less than 4 years. If this doesn’t work out for Vick, he can maybe look into being a spokesman for Gatorade or perhaps one of the water companies.

No comments: